Win up to £5k to further develop your idea for a new medical device
Medovate and Medipex have entered a new partnership agreement to support the development of promising new medical device innovations arising from within the NHS. To celebrate this new partnership, we are launching an Innovation Voucher Competition to help find innovators and their concepts for novel medical technologies. The winner will be awarded an innovation voucher worth up to £5,000 to further develop their idea.
The Innovation Voucher Competition is seeking innovative ideas in the field of medical technology which have real potential for further development.
Entry is only open to NHS employees from within Medipex’s member organisations across the Yorkshire & Humber and East Midlands regions. Entrants from any role or grade within a relevant organisation that fit the scope above are encouraged to submit their innovative medical technology ideas.
To be accepted, competition entries MUST:
- Be an idea for a physical device or diagnostics platform
- Be novel and/or inventive
- Be NHS led, with all IP generated using the voucher being NHS owned and following the policy of the relevant NHS member organisation
- Apply to the following areas of speciality: anaesthesia, critical or emergency care, airway management, surgery.
The following will NOT be eligible as entries:
- Standalone software (software will only be accepted as an integral element of a medical device)
- Health apps
- Service improvement ideas
- Anything already in development with a commercial partner that intends to take the product to market
Easy Application Process
To enter the Innovation Voucher competition, you just need to complete a short application form.
Once completed, submit your entry by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your entry is deemed eligible based on the above scope and criteria it will be put forward to a judging panel consisting of experts from Medipex and Medovate.
As part of the judging process, you may be invited to present your entry via a video call.
Download Full Competition Details
Entrants are strongly advised to download the full competition details which include: examples of the types of activities the innovation voucher can be spent on, further details of the judging process, what the winner can expect etc.